Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"What else?"...

         I often find myself fighting the mundane every time I slow down enough from work and school to have a moment to relax. It is almost as if I intentionally flood my life with chaos in order to avoid the question "What else?", because for me it is so easy to forget. Sure life is great when everything is happy and well, but what about when things go wrong? What is the point then? Even when things are going great, in the back of every human's mind lingers the haunting question "What else?".  There is really only one answer, just one, but this answer changes everything. It changes the world. Blaise Pascal puts the answer to one of the most popular questions in the world into a beautifully written, brutally true sentence: "There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." 

        With that said, I would like to share a video that was shared with the junior high students at my church. I was impressed with the way it tackles the definition of religion and Christianity. I would like to say that the video is a paraphrase of scripture and at some points paraphrases quite liberally, but explains the difference between religion and Jesus very well in a way that is easy to understand. Take a few minutes to listen to what this guy has to say, it's worth it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment